This course is full, please call 707.869.9177 to be placed on the waitlist. Please do not register or make a payment.
This 40+ hour course combines classroom and field experiences. Discussion topics include geology, water, weather, soils, plants, forests, wildlife, interpretation, environmental issues and citizen science. Students commit to weekly homework assignments and complete a capstone project of their choosing.
Instructors: David Berman (Sonoma County Water Agency), Meghan Walla-Murphy (Ecological Consultant) & guest lecturers (TBA)
Location: Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Reserve, Stewards of the Coast and Redwoods Office and Armstrong Volunteer Center Conference Room. Location TBA for Feb. 28th and March 28th classes.
- Feb. 21st , Thurs. – Introduction to class, journaling, sit spots, what is a naturalist, bioregions...
- Feb 23rd, Saturday – Field Trip #1 - 9 am to 3 pm, Armstrong Redwoods SNR – Geology with Scott Lawyer
- Feb. 28th, Thurs. – Soil/ Capstone (Location: TBD) - Meghan
- Mar. 7th, Thurs.– Weather/ Climate Literacy - David
- Mar. 9th , Sat. – Field Trip #2 - 9 am to 3 pm, Location TBD
- Mar. 14th, Thurs. – Water/ Beavers - Brock/ TBD
- Mar. 21st, Thurs. – Plants - Meghan
- Mar. 28th, Thurs. – Wildlife (Location: TBD) - Meghan
- Mar. 30th through 31st (plus/minus 29th), Saturday & Sunday – Camping Trip, 10 am Sat. to 3 pm Sun. ~ Bodega Dunes (with possible Friday tour at BML and Friday camping trip) - discuss environmental issues
- Apr. 4th, Thurs. – Forests and Fires
- Apr. 11th, Thurs. – Interpretation - David
- Apr. 17th – Capstone Presentations
- Apr. 18th – Finish Presentations, Graduation Celebration
Class Times: 6 pm – 9 pm
Cost: $448 for members and $560 for non-members
Payment Plan: 1/3 due at registration, 1/3 by March 7th and final amount paid in full by March 28th
No refunds will be issued after February 15th.
All refunds subject to 10% processing fee.
For more information please contact Stewards at: (707) 869-9177 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course handbook can be purchased in our e-store.